Newlyed Margaret (Meg)
Woodward Herd recently eloped in Dallas, Texas. She and her now-hubby, Joseph, are absolutely beaming in their photos and it’s crystal clear that they made the right decision for their special day.
A shoutout to Swink Photography for capturing all of the special moments from their elopement. The bride contributes a lot of the success from the big day to their photographer, Betsy, who helped create intimate moments that will last for a lifetime.
Are you considering the upsides of an elopement? Here is what this real bride had to say for her top 10 reasons to elope!
10. Your officiant can provide you with refreshments of your choosing immediately after the ceremony, with NO judgment.
9. Extremely small wedding parties = saved money, less obnoxious outfits, and more time for sister tattoo rubbing.
7. You can pass the time staring at the beautiful sunset while your bride tries to pull off a tearful sneak attack.
6. Your vows can contain inappropriate jokes not suitable for church settings or in the presence of relatives.
5. You save money on flowers. And food. And decorations. And music. And space. The list goes on…
4. Everyone loves a group photo…old friends, distant relatives, wedding party, etc. But you know what everyone loves more? Taking no more than five minutes to complete all different combinations of said photos.
3. Cake for two, anyone?
2. There is little risk of a ring bearer/flower girl melt down when your fur baby holds the title. Also, how adorable is a puppy in a bow tie?! He gives any toddler in a tuxedo a run for his money.
1. Because at the end of it all, you shouldn’t focus too much on the flowers, or the food, or the decoration, or any of the little details that go into the party planning. It leaves more room for focusing on exactly your way and how he/she looked the first time you saw each other right before you said “I do.” Or how that first kiss as man and wife felt. Or how his/her voice sounded saying their vows. Or how your heart felt, most importantly.
Congratulations! I LOVE that you two threw tradition out the window to make some really special memories together as you enter this new season hand in hand.
Follow Swink Photography to see more of Betsy’s work: